Vitro Automotive Glass
Vitro Automotive Glass produces advanced glass products for the world’s most well-known automotive manufacturers. We work collaboratively with our customers to ensure that our glass provides the safety, comfort, efficiency required for today’s modern vehicles.
Vitro Automotive Glass operates glass manufacturing plants, fabrication facilities and distribution centers worldwide that are solely focused on the production of automotive glass. This scale allows us to provide the quality and technology required for large volume OEM production, while bringing that same attention to detail and quality to our automotive replacement glass (ARG) operations.
As the needs of the automotive industry rapidly evolve, Vitro stays ahead of the curve to help automakers, distributors and installers meet the ever-changing standards for safety, efficiency and sustainability. It’s not enough just to meet specifications. We are committed to working collaboratively to deliver whatever comes next.
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting production by performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventive maintenance.
Shift : Nights
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scheduled and unscheduled repair and/or modification of existing parts or equipment and fabrication/installation of new equipment.
· Read and interpret mechanical, electrical, PLC and pneumatic drawings and schematics to perform required maintenance and service.
· Work with PCs/PLCs, motion control, AC/DC and servo drive systems, instrumentation, control logic, motor control, ladder logic.
· Effectively communicate, written and/or verbally, all problems and solutions as necessary.
· Operate a wide variety of hand and power tools, gauges and meters,
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment, machines and the facility.
· Comply with all safety regulations.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
· Must be able to safely operate a fork truck and maintain the required license.
· Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and self-management skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Must be computer proficient and able to navigate efficiently through various software programs and MS Office, including Microsoft Outlook
· Candidate must pass the Select International assessments, including the Technical Test
Education / Experience:
· Must have a minimum of two years of full-time general maintenance experience and an AAS degree in industrial systems, electronics or electro-mechanical or the equivalent education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, SAFETY and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Must be able to wear a respirator and work in confined spaces.
2. Perform duties within normal industrial environmental conditions and outside and may encounter extreme heat, cold, wet or dangerous weather conditions.
3. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds with assistance.
4. Must be able to push/pull, grip to use hand tools, reach, see, hear and speak.
5. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
6. Associate must follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
7. Must follow all PPE requirements.