The Vitro Technology Center is looking for a Facilities/Maintenance Technician to work on-site in Harmar, PA (near Pittsburgh, PA).
This position is an on-going contract position.
Vitro is the largest glass manufacturer in the Western Hemisphere and the largest glass producer in North America. Vitro’s glass products can be found in some of the most iconic vehicles on the road, in countless buildings and homes around the world, and in billions of glass containers produced every year. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, we have expanded our global footprint and cemented our leadership role in the industries in which we operate. We are seeking individuals at the technician level to support our facilities’ operations at the Glass Technology Center in Cheswick, PA.
· Work in a safe manner and strictly adhere to all laboratory and facility safety protocols
· Daily monitoring and reporting on HVAC systems functionality
· Complete preventative maintenance and job work orders in a timely, prioritized manner and communicate any issues with
· Inspect work site buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues; repair faulty equipment units and damaged
· Assist in managing HVAC and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality
· Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is to standard
· Flexibility to participate in other duties within the department as assigned
· Aptitude and willingness to continue to learn and expand skill sets
· Adherence to safe work practices in compliance with all environmental, health, safety, and security protocols
· HS Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience
· Competence in Commercial HVAC systems
· General metal machining; use of hand and power tools
· Metal, wood, and structural fabrication; Mig and Tig Welding preferred
· Creative design; ability to read and understand blueprints
· Electrical knowledge
· Time management skills
· Proficient computer skills; MS Office software, CAD, ARIBA, ALC
· Ability to work both in team setting and autonomously
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to operate a fork truck